Here is another video that took too long to make and I hope you enjoy: My day trip to Sintra, Portugal on the cheap
@TechnicalKO True! I still feel bad about it though 😅
@dadegroot Yeah, it's back 😌
@TechnicalKO Nah, haven't lost anything, was able to update the database. It was just stuck in a halfway state and couldn't run.
Root cause analysis:
1. I (don't remember, but assume that I) started an upgrade, but got distracted
2. the newly built containers sat there not bothering anyone
3. I was messing around with Docker and caused 'em to replace the existing ones without realising
4. the database wasn't migrated so the new containers didn't work
5. everything was broken and I didn't know how to fix it, had analysis paralysis and eventually gave up
Sooooo not great.
Hello everyone., I'm sorry for being a bad sysadmin. If you would like to request an export of your data to shift somewhere a bit more reliable you can do it at https://bne.social/settings/export - I'm not going to blame you 🥴
@AnnaGerber Oh my goodness, how did this happen? :o
@AnnaGerber Is posting on Mastodon a plot point or…?
@WillPettersson you're going to get there though
@pori sometimes that's the thing you need. Sometimes you guys go and do the thing.
@AnnaGerber These are super cool. Do you now own several? :D
@sez This is so amazing fyi.
Self serving Meetup promos, gay stuff Show more
The 🏳️🌈 LGBT+ & allies Meetup (organised my yours truly) went off sooo welll last week that I’m still kind of amazed. I think part of me still thinks that I’m not allowed to be gay & the sky will fall in.
I've made a mock-up to illustrate my ideas about the next-gen terminal experience!
• the pathbar
• username, hostname and git branch displayed in the UI, shrinking the shell prompt back to just a $
• commands as cards
• syntax highlighting, including graying out the output a bit to differentiate it from commands themselves
• autocompletion (displayed in a native widget)
• built-in error handling options
• the time each command took (on the right)
@pennyguin it's so early! ☃️
A he/him doing he/him things 🏳️🌈 admin for bne.social. #brisbane (UTC +10:00)
The Brisbane Social is an Australian Mastodon server. Hosted in sunny Brisbane, Australia, for users from and interested in southeast Queensland.