I've made a mock-up to illustrate my ideas about the next-gen terminal experience!
• the pathbar
• username, hostname and git branch displayed in the UI, shrinking the shell prompt back to just a $
• commands as cards
• syntax highlighting, including graying out the output a bit to differentiate it from commands themselves
• autocompletion (displayed in a native widget)
• built-in error handling options
• the time each command took (on the right)
Someone has got their Christmas tree set up in their living room at the end of my block, all lit up and sparkly, already! I think it got to me! I am in Christmas mode now :o
Does anyone else try to guess what their 2FA code will be before it arrives? Have you ever gotten it right?
That is my dream.
Things I love about my team: every morning we have an impromptu meeting in the work kitchen while we make and eat breakfast. Toasted cheese sandwiches, eggs, yoghurt, oats... We often have a brief afternoon snack meeting too. Every standup should involve food.
Morning commute feat. weird Google Pixel HDR skyscape.
Just saw a man riding a bicycle, holding another bicycle
There was an important thing I needed to do today, does anyone know what it was?
I bought scissors so I could remove the zip ties from my other purchases.
Pang of nostalgia for the mid-2000s when my music player let me regex search metadata. I really wanna pick an electronic album just long enough to take me neatly into standup this morning.