Root cause analysis:
1. I (don't remember, but assume that I) started an upgrade, but got distracted
2. the newly built containers sat there not bothering anyone
3. I was messing around with Docker and caused 'em to replace the existing ones without realising
4. the database wasn't migrated so the new containers didn't work
5. everything was broken and I didn't know how to fix it, had analysis paralysis and eventually gave up
Sooooo not great.
@ashkyd shit happens. Figured you'd eventually notice and get it sorted out.
@ashkyd hooray we're back# thanks for fixing it 🧡
@ashkyd Did you lose all the things, or just have downtime?
@TechnicalKO Nah, haven't lost anything, was able to update the database. It was just stuck in a halfway state and couldn't run.
@ashkyd That's not too bad. :)
@TechnicalKO True! I still feel bad about it though 😅
The Brisbane Social is an Australian Mastodon server. Hosted in sunny Brisbane, Australia, for users from and interested in southeast Queensland.