Root cause analysis:
1. I (don't remember, but assume that I) started an upgrade, but got distracted
2. the newly built containers sat there not bothering anyone
3. I was messing around with Docker and caused 'em to replace the existing ones without realising
4. the database wasn't migrated so the new containers didn't work
5. everything was broken and I didn't know how to fix it, had analysis paralysis and eventually gave up
Sooooo not great.
Hello everyone., I'm sorry for being a bad sysadmin. If you would like to request an export of your data to shift somewhere a bit more reliable you can do it at https://bne.social/settings/export - I'm not going to blame you 🥴
Self serving Meetup promos, gay stuff Show more
The 🏳️🌈 LGBT+ & allies Meetup (organised my yours truly) went off sooo welll last week that I’m still kind of amazed. I think part of me still thinks that I’m not allowed to be gay & the sky will fall in.
I've made a mock-up to illustrate my ideas about the next-gen terminal experience!
• the pathbar
• username, hostname and git branch displayed in the UI, shrinking the shell prompt back to just a $
• commands as cards
• syntax highlighting, including graying out the output a bit to differentiate it from commands themselves
• autocompletion (displayed in a native widget)
• built-in error handling options
• the time each command took (on the right)
Brisbane friends! 🌸 It is one week until LGBT & Allies in Tech drinks is on! 🍻 Be sure to RSVP.
Hey LGBT peeps & allies! We've got social drinks happening at the end of the month. Join us!
A he/him doing he/him things 🏳️🌈 admin for bne.social. #brisbane (UTC +10:00)
The Brisbane Social is an Australian Mastodon server. Hosted in sunny Brisbane, Australia, for users from and interested in southeast Queensland.